Thursday, January 19, 2012

Football: By William Frankel

Football:
The summer before my freshman year, I got a call from Coach Chan asking me to come out and play football. I had played soccer all my life, and at first was apprehensive about switching to a different sport. I decided why not give it a shot, and so I came to the summer workouts. The summer workouts ease kids into the programming by teaching athletes how to run with technique, weight lift safely and the importance of stretching. All these skills are essential to any high school sport. I liked the intense and rewarding workouts, so I continued, and after a few weeks, I couldn't get enough. I came to Lowell having never played football, and barely even touched a football, and have played all three of my years and started my Sophomore and Junior years. It is one of the most amazing feelings in the world to play in the Battle of the Birds and see almost the entire school in the stands there cheering you on. The greatest part is you don't have to be big to play football! We have kids who are 5 feet tall and we have kids who are 6 feet tall, we have kids who are 100 pounds and kids who are almost 300 pounds. Football is truly a sport that anyone can participate it and enjoy here at Lowell, and it is a great way to make friends before school starts. I strongly recommend coming to a practice if you are even slightly interested, and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment